Distinguished Service From Respected Employment Law Attorneys
Rosen Marsili Rapp LLP is a premiere labor and employment law firm that represents workers — workers from all backgrounds, in all industries and sectors, across all trades and professions, and of all compensation levels. Our experienced and respected attorneys have successfully represented employees throughout Los Angeles and Southern California since the firm’s founding in 1985.
Our law practice is dedicated exclusively to labor and employment law and is built on a long tradition of representing employees, not employers. Our lawyers are committed to protecting and promoting employee rights and to helping working people achieve positive resolutions to their legal issues.
Knowledgeable Help For Many Employment Law Problems
At Rosen Marsili Rapp LLP , our primary goal is to help you recover from unlawful treatment by an employer. Whatever industry you work in – and whatever size or type of employer you work for – we can help you understand your rights, evaluate your options and personal goals, and aggressively represent your interests in enforcing the legal protections to which you are entitled.
Our background and experience allow us to help you with every variety of employment-related issue. A few of the most common examples include:
- Wage and hour disputes: We represent individual employees in compensation disputes as well as groups of employees in wage and hour class action litigation involving issues such as overtime violations, misclassification of employees as exempt versus non-exempt or as independent contractors, commission-based compensation plans, expense reimbursement, and violations of laws concerning meal and rest breaks. Our attorneys are well-versed in the myriad federal, state, and local laws requiring employers to pay you in full and on time-as well as how to enforce them.
- Wrongful termination: If you believe you were wrongfully fired by your employer, we can evaluate your situation and help you understand whether an unfair termination is actionable as an unlawful termination.
- Discrimination, harassment, and retaliation: Federal and state laws entitle employees to fair and equitable employment opportunities, pay, and working conditions regardless of factors such as age, race, religion, nationality, disability, pregnancy, gender, or sexual orientation. If you have been subject to discriminatory treatment based on these or other protected characteristics, call us to discuss your legal options and available compensation for your injuries with our experienced attorneys.
- Sexual harassment: Our attorneys understand that sexual harassment in the workplace remains as rampant as it is underreported, and our appreciation for the complexities of these situations ensure that we approach each client’s case with sensitivity and compassion as well as zealous representation of your rights. Whether your situation involves unwanted sexual advances or coercion by a supervisor or co-worker, inappropriate or threatening actions by an outsider, development of a hostile work environment, or another form of sexual misconduct in your workplace, we can help put an end to unlawful harassment and seek financial compensation for your mistreatment.
- Separation agreements: If you have been presented with a separation or severance agreement by your employer, we can review your agreement to ensure you understand its terms and their consequences, make certain your rights are protected, and work to identify and strategically negotiate more beneficial terms for you.
- Pre-termination issues: We advise clients whose jobs may be in jeopardy for a variety of reasons, or who may wish to plan for separating from their current employment on the most favorable terms possible. Sound legal counsel can make a major difference in the outcome of your employment separation and your future employment prospects. We can help you approach your situation strategically, counseling you “behind the scenes” or negotiating directly with your employer on your behalf to make sure your interests are protected.
- Public employment/civil service: We regularly represent city, county, state, and federal workers in employment issues of all kinds, including internal investigations, disciplinary hearings, and terminations. Our attorneys are experienced and knowledgeable in the often complex and unique administrative systems and their related procedural rules involved in representing clients employed in the public sector.
- Alternative dispute resolution: Where litigation is not the best way to achieve your goals, we will help you resolve your dispute outside of the courtroom as well. Our attorneys have extensive experience in alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation and arbitration in employment and labor disputes of all kinds.
Call Us. We Can Help.
Our dedicated employment law attorneys can help you level the playing field, enforce your rights, and seek the financial compensation you rightfully deserve.