Individual Attention. Collective Approach.
Mr. Rosen received his undergraduate degree in Economics with distinction from the University of California Berkeley and graduated in from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, where he was elected to the Thurston Society. After graduation, Mr. Rosen served as a research attorney to Robert S. Thompson, Associate Justice of the California Court of Appeal. Mr. Rosen is a Fellow of The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, which is a professional association honoring the leading lawyers nationwide in the practice of labor and employment law. For several years, he has been a member of the College's Ninth Circuit South Credentials Committee. The Credentials Committee recommends to the Board of Governors of the College which applicants should be admitted to membership.
Since 2011, Mr. Rosen has been a member of the Council of the Labor & Employment Law Section of the American Bar Association, which is the governing body of the Section. From 2004 to 2011, Mr. Rosen was one of two Publications Co-chairs of the Section of Labor & Employment Law responsible for the supervision of the many publications of the Section which are used by lawyers throughout the county who are involved in the practice of labor and employment law.
Mr. Rosen serves as an arbitrator for the Los Angeles County Bar Association Dispute Resolution Program. He has published various articles on issues arising under the National Labor Relations Act and lectures before the American Bar Association, the American Arbitration Association, and Los Angeles Trade Technical College.
Mr. Rosen was an Assistant Professor of Economics at California State University Los Angeles. For several years, he was also a member of the Planning Committee of the Medal of Valor program for federal law enforcement officers.
Areas of Practice
- Labor & Employment
- Sexual Harassment
- Employment Discrimination
- Wrongful Termination
- California, 1972
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- Juris Doctor - 1972
- Honors: Thurston Society
- University of California, Berkeley, California
- Honors: With Distinction
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: Economics
- Valles v. Ivy Hill, 410 F.3d 1071, 2005
- Narranjo v. Spectrum Security Services, 172 Cal.App. 654 , 2009
- Los Angeles City Employee Union, Local 347 v. El Monte , 177 Cal.App. 3d 615, 1985
- International Assn. of Heat etc. Workers v. Superior Court , 132 Cal.App. 3d 1 , 1982
- Assistant Professor of Economics, California State University Los Angeles
- Lecturer, American Bar Association
- Lecturer, American Arbitration Association
- Lecturer, Los Angeles Trade Technical College.
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Southern California Super Lawyer
- Best Lawyers in America
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section, Publications Co-Chair, 2004 to 2011
- Committee on the Development of the Law Under the National Labor Relations Act, Employment Law Section, Former Union Co-Chair
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Program, Arbitrator
- American Bar Association, LEL Council Member, 2010 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Robert S. Thompson, Associate Justice of the California Court of Appeal, Research Attorney, 1972 to 1972
Pro Bono Activities
- Medal of Valor Program for Federal Law Enforcement Officers, Member, Planning Committee
- College’s Ninth Circuit South Credentials Committee, Member
- Zeta Beta Tau